COVID-19：Coronavirus disease 2019。海外ではCOVIDｰ19と広く言われています。
She has COVID-19. They have coronavirus.
They tested positive/negative for COVID-19.
- He has cough. / She has a cold.
- She has a fever. / What’s her temperature? / Her temperature is over 38.0 degrees.
- He is sneezing.
- Body ache: her body hurts.
- Fatigue :He’s very very tired.
- Difficulty breathing : It’s hard for me to breath.
- There was an outbreak in Wuhan（武漢）, China. :outbreakは「急激な増加」
- The WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic. :pandemicは「全国（世界）的流行病」
- To deal with this situation/control this problem, the government took various measures/actions.
- The Japanese government wanted to limit the transmission of the virus. :transmitionは「感染」＝spread of the virus to other people
- Someone who have COVID-19 must be in isolation. :isolationは「隔離」別にQuarantineという表現もあり。Quarantineは病気に気づく前の人（感染したかどうか不明）に用いられるが、isolationは感染者を隔離する時に使われる。
- People who might have COVID-19 are asked to be in quarantine.
- A lot of cities are in/under/on lockdown. =people are not allowed to go where they want(office, shop, school…)
- The WHO declared a pandemic.=officially announce something
- International flights are banned/=not allowed.
- Travel are restricted/limited.
- Many people are stocking up on groceries.
- Non-essential businesses are being shut.
- The Olympics games are postponed.
- The government tried to control the spread.=contain「封じ込める」とも言う
- to flatten the curve. 「平らにする」
- The virus is contagious. It can pass easily to others.「伝染性の」
- It’s mandatory for them to be in isolation. 「義務の」 must to do
- It’s voluntary to work from from. 「自発的な」up to you
- The coronavirus can be fatal disease. 「致命的な」
- The coronavirus disease is unprecedented in our lifetime. 「前例の無い」＝it has never happened before.
- wash hands frequently with soap. or use hand sanitizer
- SD :maintain social distance 「ソーシャルディスタンスを保つ」
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Avoid touching your face, mouth, nose, and eyes
- cough/sneeze into bend of your elbow.
- Avoid visit vulnerable people especially, elder people, unwell people. 「脆弱な＝ここでは病気にかかりやすい／コロナ感染が致命的になる弱い人々を指す」
- work from from
意見：you might say…
- This is unprecedented.
- I’m really concerned about my health/family/job/finances.
- I’m concerned about the economy.
- I hope the situation improves soon.
- I hope everything will be alright/fine.